Last Updated: July 7, 2021
- When you browse or visit our website, https://seekret.io, https://Seekret.com and any subdomain of seekret.io and/or seekret.com (“Website”)
- When you make use of, or interact with, our Website
- When you contact us to stay ahead and get early access.
- When you attend a marketing event and provide Personal Information
- When you exchange business cards with us
- When we acquire your Personal Information from third-party sources (such as lead-generation companies)
- When we use the Personal Information of our service providers
- When we use the Personal Information of, or provided by, our resellers, distributors, agents and/or finders
- When we use the Personal Information of our customers
- When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, Dev.to)
The Website is referred to herein as the “Services”.
Table of contents:
- Consent and modification
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and store your personal Information
- How we share your personal Information
- Additional information regarding transfers of personal Information
- Use by children
- How can I delete my account?
- Links to and interaction with third party product
- Log files
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Use of Google Analytics
- California privacy rights
- Our California do not track notice
- Deletion of content from California residents
- How to contact us
3. CONSENT AND MODIFICATION
4. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
Finally, please note that some of the abovementioned Personal Information will be used for fraud detection and prevention, and for security purposes.
5. HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Retention of your Personal Information. We shall retain your personal information until we no longer need it and proactively delete it or you send a valid deletion request. Without derogating from the foregoing, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Information or dealings.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the recipients described in Section 4, we may share your information as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we will (to the minimum extent required) disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing the Personal Information (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional Services or functionality); and
- Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Information is disclosed.
If you want to receive the list of recipients of your Personal Information, please make your request by contacting us at privacy@Seekret.com
7. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Site and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Seekret, our users, yourself or the public.
8. USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or Services for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 18, you may not use the Website, or provide any information to the Website without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children.
9. HOW CAN I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing privacy@Seekret.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
10. LINKS TO AND INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
11. LOG FILES
We make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
12. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our Site utilizes “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
13. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to privacy@Seekret.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
15. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to privacy@Seekret.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
16. OUR “DO NOT TRACK” NOTICE
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
17. DELETION OF CONTENT FROM CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. To remove, please follow email us privacy@Seekret.com. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
18. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the Information protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at privacy@Seekret.com.